"Personal Information" is any information about you that we collect and process. We will not collect any Personal Information unless you have chosen to give it to us. You agree that the Personal Information which you supply to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects, and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that information. We will deal with your Personal Information in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998. Please note this applies only to Caxton FX Limited and subsidiary companies, not to other companies' or organisations' websites to which we link. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- We will collect and process Personal Information for the purposes of providing our foreign exchange services to you and the other purposes mentioned below. Personal Information may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing Caxton FX services to you. The use of information will remain under the control of Caxton FX at all times. It may be necessary for your Personal Information to be processed outside the European Union.
- Once you are a registered client, we will hold Personal Information relating to the transactions you enter into with us. We may disclose Personal Information to a party to the transaction, but only to assist your transaction and subject to your approval.
- We may send letters and e-mail messages to you about new products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
- When you call us we may monitor or record your calls to confirm your instructions or for training purposes.
- To correct or view your Personal Information, you can write to us at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH. A fee may be payable for viewing Personal Information.
We may disclose your Personal Information acting in good faith if we believe such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with a legal process, to protect and defend our rights or property, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to act to protect the interests of our registered customers or others
2. About cookies and why Caxton FX uses them
Why are cookies essential to how customers use the Caxton FX website?
- make your current and future visits to our website as user-friendly as possible
- to enable us (where appropriate) to tailor the content to fit your needs
- to prevent fraudulent activity and to measure the overall patterns of website usage
- to track how visitors reach our site and the path they take through it to help us improve our service to you
- to understand how our advertising campaigns and promotions within the website are working to improve our site design, offers and promotions.
Please note that none of the cookies used on our website collects personally identifiable information about you.
Why you should keep cookies switched on
We would like you to keep cookies active on your computer during your visits to our website because, without cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the website, and your experience whilst visiting it, are as we intend it to be.
At Caxton FX, we use two types of cookie on this website:
- Session cookiesThese are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period during which you access the website (or, more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Each time you revisit the website, these cookies will be stored and then removed when you close your browser. Session cookies help the Caxton FX website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding your having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
- Third party cookies As well as using cookies from our advertising and affiliate partners, we may also embed external content from other third party websites within our website. These include sites such as Facebook and Twitter, whose cookie usage policy you can view on their own websites.
All the cookies that the Caxton FX website currently uses are detailed below (last updated 26/05/2012):
||Name of cookies
||Why we use this cookie
|Web solution cookie
||This cookie helps the website identify and remember the user when they interact with the website. Without the cookie the website would not work.
|Web solution cookie
||The __atuvc cookie is created and read by the "addthis" widget on the page to make sure the user sees the updated count if they share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated. No data from that cookie is sent back to AddThis and removing it when disabling cookies would cause unexpected behavior for users.
||This cookie allows Caxton FX to track a set of data about a visitor’s website usage and behaviour, to enable us to continually improve the website, and your website experience. No personal information is stored.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, you can do so by editing your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how to do so.
- For further information on how to delete cookies on your browser, visit www.aboutcookies.org
- For further information on how to delete cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
- For further information on Caxton FX's security and privacy measures, please read our Terms and Conditions.